Thursday 13 January 2011

Rowdies Brain Teaser? - Update

Since posting this teaser, I have received a few emails on the subject, so here they are:

From Dan: "Hi Ian, this is Dan again. I do remember a member of Kansas, or the entire band, being acknowledged as being at at least one game, definitely '78 or '79. There was talk of a Kansas show after the game (probably a rumor) - this is what I remember for sure. Vaguely, I rember reading an article (probabily the St. Petersburg Times) about this member or members being huge fans, and the picture of the band (same as the one on your site.) I'm almost certain my information is correct, though where I learned all this is fuzzy."

From Kathryn Sherman: "He's lived in Tampa most of his adult life. He's not originally from here though. Last known, he was still living here as of 2004. Hope this helps. This photo was probably taken around 1978 or 79. I was in high school and yep, everyone wore them."


And finally from Kenn Tomasch: "Well, if that guy was a Tampa resident, that would explain a lot. Apparently he was in this band, which was based in Tampa for several years.
http://www.stormbringerband.com/stormbringer-history.html
So he must have been a Rowdies fan or a Wes McLeod fan or both."
Thanks to everyone for their help in this matter.

No comments: