Monday 4 August 2008

Signed Cards - 1975 Rowdies Bernard Hartze

I've recently tracked down a former Rowdies' player from their 1975 NASL Championship winning team, in Cape Town, South Africa - Bernard Hartze or affectionally known as "Dancing Shoes" because of his quick feet.
He played in both of the inaugural Indoor and Outdoor teams of '75. He is now playing his part within the development structures of the South African Football Association.

Which now means Iam still tying to locate Javier Alvarez, Clyde Best, Randy Garber and Ziggy Lezak to complete the 1975 team.
So, that now brings the total to 68 players that Iam still trying to locate (sadly 4 of those are now deceased), 29 players from their NASL days. If any former Rowdies' players should read this, please email me, I would love to hear from you.
I will add my "Wants List" shortly.
Iam always looking for Rowdies KICK and KICKIN' Magazines, from games played at Tampa Stadium or the Bayfront Center.

No comments: